Saturday, March 21, 2015

Plant Powered Families by Dreena Burton is COMING!!!!! Gift with pre-sale purchase

So, I don't post nearly often enough about being vegan and the absolute awesomeness of the journey my family has had so far, but I promise to do a better job...starting with this post! There are SO many awesome vegan chefs and cooks who share their recipes all over the web, but my family's favorite (by far) is Dreena Burton. We LOVE every recipe we've ever made. One of the best things about Dreena's recipes (and believe me there are SO many wonderful things about them) is that she is a mother to three "weegans" (daughters) with busy hockey schedules. Why does this matter? Well, because her recipes are kid tested and made for busy families. Some vegan recipes are a far cry from either of these and that can make it tough to incorporate them into your family's life. Her newest book is due out in May and I couldn't be more thrilled! The book is called Plant Powered Families and is chock full of awesome recipes that have been tested on and loved by her family.

We, of course, pre-ordered our copy and were thrilled when Dreena announced those who pre-purchase will receive a mini cookbook FREE (see bottom of page from link above)! I selected two of the yummy recipes to try: White Bean and Cauliflower Burgers and Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole. While, I must admit my 2.5 year old son would not try the Cheesy Cauliflower, my husband and I devoured the entire dish in one meal. The burgers were a hit with all of us and my husband has already requested them again! I can't wait to try the other recipes - especially the Banana Chocolate Chip Cake with Chocolate Mousse frosting! Here's a picture of my version of the Cheesy Cauliflower (mine is not pretty, but so very tasty):

So, why should you buy Dreena's awesome cookbook when there are so many recipes for free? Honestly, because the recipes are not difficult, they do not use crazy ingredients you can't find in your local store and they are SO delicious. You can thank me later! But, if you don't believe me, you can check out her blog with free recipes here

No comments:

Post a Comment